In order to ensure individual seniors
benefit from a life of caring they each deserve, our objectives
“Seniors Helping Seniors”
- To provide, operate and maintain a safe,
welcoming and non-judgmental environment by employing outreach
workers who visit each Single Residency Accommodation through
the Seniors Outreach Program.
- To welcome everyone regardless of race, colour,
ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family
status, physical or mental ability, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, income or age.
- To provide education and peer support to
enable seniors to deal effectively with their own needs and
the needs of others.
- To provide high quality, nutritious food,
at the lowest possible cost.
- To enable seniors to become active community
members by providing them with accurate information and referral
- To explore new initiatives to serve our members,
clients and other seniors.
- To network and develop partnership possibilities
with other seniors' organizations.
- To assist our members to remain self-sufficient
through an interest in their personal well-being, and to provide
limited advocacy services.
- To encourage and celebrate the mix of cultures
that reflect the Canadian mosaic.
- To offer a living room leisure space, for
low-income seniors with no “living” space to call
- To build a sense of community, whereby members,
volunteers and staff share responsibility for the life of the
Seniors Centre, and for each other’s welfare, through
organized weekly events and open dialogue.
- To enable seniors to develop a sense of personal
fulfillment through meaningful volunteer opportunities within
the organization such as Coffee Time, Community Kitchen or Door
Knocking (among other activities).
- To provide programs which address wellness,
recreational, educational and social needs (such as games like
ping-pong or mahjong at the Seniors Centre, or monthly summer