Our Network of Volunteers
Our volunteer network allows seniors to
help themselves and one another. Since the volunteers are seniors
living in the Vancouver downtown core SRA system, this situation
affects the fabric of their daily-lives as well. These senior
volunteers are integral to the program because they understand
first-hand the problems and daily lived-experiences, of other
low income seniors, in Vancouver’s downtown core.
Why Get Involved?
(*open only to SRA residents)
- It's spending time so you can talk
about the issues that affect YOU.
- Gain confidence within your own living
- Socialize with other adults in the
same situation as yourself.
- Create a safe space to openly discuss
- Improve your overall mental, physical
and emotional health.