The Continental Seniors Centre
The Continental Seniors Centre is a drop in centre that caters to seniors or people over 45 years of age with a disability.
The Continental Seniors Centre has a large and bright “living room” environment attached to a partial wraparound large patio that offers a park like atmosphere. Located at 1067 Seymour St, Vancouver, on the third floor, it provides a safe place for marginalized seniors in the south downtown core to drop into for social, emotional, and practical support in the form of information and affiliation with other programs, like the Neighbourhood Helpers.
The Continental Senior Centre provides:
- A low cost cafeteria run by the City of Vancouver that provides three nutritious and delicious meals a day
- Necessities such as food supplements through the Neighbourhood Helpers
- One to one social and practical support in the form of information and referral services
- Special events like birthday parties and holiday parties
- Social activities which may include movie nights, games, light exercise groups, fall creative expression groups and so much more…
Volunteers are a central part of life at the Drop In. Volunteers assist with facilitating and operating the Continental Seniors Centre. Both volunteers and members attain self-efficacy through providing assistance in the decision-making for the direction of our drop – in through surveys and encouraged feedback.
Contact Lisa at email@example.com for more information about how to participate.